This is a new position to work in a small motivated team of engineers refurbishing and building new packaging machines primarily for the pharmaceutical industry.
Our machinery is sold worldwide so some overseas travel would be required although most of the work will be carried out in the UK.
This position will suit an individual from a high-speed machinery/ packaging/ industrial automation background.
This is a rare opportunity to join a company where you will be involved within each stage of the building machinery process from research, design and assembly of the product.
We are looking for an engineer with the following skills and characteristics:
- Multi-skilled engineer with electrical/mechanical/fault finding skills
- Preferably some exposure to plc’s (not essential)
- Robotic/ Automation experience
- Commissioning experience in a customer facing environment
- Self-Motivated, able to organise their own work
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn where needed
- Ability to read engineering drawings and electrical/mechanical schematics
- City & Guilds or NVQ in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Apprenticeship qualified with PLC knowledge
- Previous experience within the manufacturing industry is essential for this role.
- Hands-on approach with a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility is a must for this role.
- Valid Driving Licence.
The candidate would be based at our West Moors factory in our fully equipped workshop.
Hours of work are 08.30 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 to 14.00 Friday.
5 weeks holiday per year plus statutory days.
Salary – negotiable depending on the candidate.
If this role is of interest, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org